Boulton Paul Power Turrets

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

MIflyer

1st Lieutenant
May 30, 2011
Cape Canaveral
From the June 1943 issue of Aviation Magazine.

Turret-1.jpg
Turret-2.jpg
Turret-3.jpg

My good God! Where on this earth did you find such a treasure trove of information like this? I thought I had bragging rights when I was (very) fortunate to gain access to the RAF's sole Defiant & took several detailed photos of both the front cockpit & rear turret interiors. That is, until this was posted. Great job! The literature really helped to clarify a lot about the inner workings of the turret.
As an aside, I didn't pay much attention to the silhouettes of those P-47s until you calked it out. Good question!
Gary

Well here it is at last - not finished so I will replace it when it is done which could be a month or two as many of the pages are what is politely called sexually distressed.
Like this one which is 450w x 333 high so cannot be scanned in a single pass on my A3 scanner. Thank the fates for Irfanview which allows me to graft pages easily.
1604718154669.png

I am chasing other sources to get copies for the damaged pages and the first one I bought is nice clean photocopies done black and white with an A4 copier of less than half the manual. The original pages are 205 x 333. A4 is 210 x 297 so the result is many of the pages are useless like this one. The rest are missing tops and bottoms but have provided some good pages after I attacked them with Irfanview and GIMP and grafted the missing text back on.
1604718256972.png

I did my dough as they say.

The pages are watermarked to prevent theft by a certain scumbag web site that is or was selling manuals I posted here for members and others to enjoy free.

Attachments

• Chapter 1 Section 15 Turrets interim.pdf
    7.4 MB · Views: 164

Users who are viewing this thread

Back