Brass tubing for 1/72 scale

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

kgambit

Tech Sergeant
May 29, 2006
North Carolina
Does anyone know any place that sells hollow tubing (brass, copper, stainless steel or aluminum) that I can use for modelling 1/72 scale 15mm, 20mm and 30mm cannons? The local hobby shop here is a BIT thin on supllies.

If my math is right, the 30 mm would require an Inner Diameter of 0.0164 " and an OD of say twice that or 0.0328". Haven't been able to find anything that small.

I've read that it's possible to use syringe tubing but no idea where to look.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited:
For these barrels and other things I use injection needles that are available in most of drag-stores.Also you can ask for them your doctore.He should know where you can purchase them as well. These needles are offered of a few different diameters so there is no problem to fit them as barrels of 15mm, 20mm and 30mm cannons.

You will not be able to simply buy hypodermic needles OTC in the USA. There are several internet companies that sell them but again you may or may not be able to get them without a prescription from either a MD or DVM (veterinary). 18gauge to 30gauge are generally easy to find. The colors below refer to the needles base.
If you can get them you will need, in order 27gauge; 26gauge; and 23gauge needles
bluntsizechart.gif

Last edited:
Does anyone know any place that sells hollow tubing (brass, copper, stainless steel or aluminum) that I can use for modelling 1/72 scale 15mm, 20mm and 30mm cannons? The local hobby shop here is a BIT thin on supllies.

If my math is right, the 30 mm would require an Inner Diameter of 0.0164 " and an OD of say twice that or 0.0328". Haven't been able to find anything that small.

I've read that it's possible to use syringe tubing but no idea where to look.

Anyone have any suggestions?
I use to buy drills of less than 1 mm. diameter in a shop for jewelers. Tipically I get 0,25 mm., 0,5 mm., etc. So, I can always use plastic to make guns and get a decent inner diameter whit my drills. This way you can get ride off metal siringes.

if you can get them in the US, the best and most fine needles are those used by insulin dependant diabetics. I should know, I am one

One of the best sources for this ultra fine needle tech is BD Nano , a link follows:

BD Ultra-Fine™ Pen Needles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back