Britain may dump F-35s for Rafales on new carrier

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

There is a lot of sence in what is being said but it cuts both ways. If the UK develop a new radar that we want to put in the F35. Do you really think we are going to hand it over to the US to integrate into the aircraft?

We will want to do the integration ourselves, and for that we need the code.

Glider said:
There is a lot of sence in what is being said but it cuts both ways. If the UK develop a new radar that we want to put in the F35. Do you really think we are going to hand it over to the US to integrate into the aircraft?

If that is the code they are talking about, I could see the UK objections. The main operating system should not be classified or competitive. This smells of a political cat fight.

Glider said:

BINGO!

davparlr said:
The US knows who it can depend on and who it will help when times are tough. UK, Australia, and Canada (although there are some Canadians that make us nervous) all understand whats at stake in working together and have a history as was noted.

I think the feeling is mutual in the great white north some of your guys make us nervous but we do have the habit of tweaking your stuff to make it a little better:)

pbfoot said:
I think the feeling is mutual in the great white north some of your guys make us nervous but we do have the habit of tweaking your stuff to make it a little better:)

Good comment. I flew once from Alaska to New Jersey over Canada. I remember seeing the most amazing mountain range. From horizon to horizon, all I could see was incredible mountains. I look at my engine gages and said "keep turning and burning boys, there's no where to land down there".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back