British (RAF/SOE) Flight Dates Over Balkans 1943

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Old MacDonald

Airman
Mar 27, 2018
Not sure I'm posting this in the right spot, but here goes:

Where I can I find the dates and overflight locations (targets) of RAF (presumably river mining ops) and SOE (agent & supply drops) over the Balkans during June-July-August-September 1943? I've searched the web, but may not be using the right search terms. I know these flights were frequent, but so far can find no info except a few anecdotal notes in various books and articles.

TIA.

Ol' Mac

I was at a talk by a chap on Farm Hall, Godmanchester last night. Farm Hall was used for agent training for SIS and SOE. I will contact the speaker and see if he has any sources. I doubt he will know about mining.
Paul

Hey Paul

Very helpful, thanks. I hope he can point me in the right direction. My understanding that SOE's involement in river mining--if any--would have been to identify specific drop areas and possibly report results of mine explosions or removal by the Germans. I wouldn't expect SOE agent/supply drop missions to be done concurrently with mine drops from the same aircraft, but who knows?

Ol' Mac

Hi
Not his bag as he is into SIS. I forgot that while SOE and SIS both used Tempsford airfield only SIS used Farm Hall. He suggests contacting the Tempsford Museum and Archive.

I don't live far from there, I must visit.

Good luck

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back