Carribbean, Panama Canal 32nd Fighter Squadron P-39's (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jan 15, 2013
Hello all,

I've been doing some research into the P-39's that were stationed in the Panama Canal and in the Carribbean Theatre during WWII. Right now I've got more questions than answers regarding camo colors and unit insignia, so any help (anecdotal evidence or pictures) would be awesome! My particular focus is P-39's from the 32nd Fighter Squadron, which flew from Puerto Rico and Curacao. This is the best I could find, via wikipedia:
32d_Fighter_Squadron_P-39_March_1944.jpg

Here's a pic of 32nd FS P-39N's from the osprey P-39 book on Panama Canal P-39's, but it's not clear what the colors are. They don't appear to be the same as P-400 camo, and the color bands are different shapes on every individual plane. Any suggestions?
4555973609_ae10f5f10d_o_zps80c1d573.jpg

Thanks!

Hi there,
I recommend you see if the book Wings Over the Canal (alae supra canalem) by Dan Hagedorn has what you are looking for. Seems like info on AAF activities in Panama are hard to come by. I have a copy of the book at work, I'll take a look and see if there is any good 32FS info.

My interest is the 28FS, and I'm looking for an image of their original patch. Can't find anything anywhere. Only pic of their logo is in said book, nose art on a P-38. If you ever see a WWII 28FS "Scoprions" patch, please let me know!

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back