CF-100 Canuck

Admiral Beez

Major
10,219
11,859
Joined
Oct 21, 2019
Location
Toronto, Canada
I've always like the Clunk, … Canuck. An interesting vid here.


View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tfIlby4w2jY

No mention that both Avro Canada and Orenda Engines were subsidiaries of Britain's Hawker-Siddeley. It's a Canadian fighter for certain, but a degree of corporate oversight came from Britain. In 1962 after the Avro Arrow program ended, Hawker-Siddeley closed down Avro Canada and reorganized its remaining assets into Hawker Siddeley Canada - makers of Toronto's subways and streetcars into the 1980s before its acquisition by Bombardier Group.
 
Last edited:
I have always felt that the Clunk would have been amenable to an attack variant... sort of the Canadian A-6 - land-based only, of course.


Perhaps in the CF-103 swept-wing version. ;)


CF_103_Mockup.jpg



Avro Canada CF-103 drawing showing original concept December 1950.jpg
 
I have always felt that the Clunk would have been amenable to an attack variant... sort of the Canadian A-6 - land-based only, of course.


Perhaps in the CF-103 swept-wing version. ;)


View attachment 737303


View attachment 737304
I like it. It would need a good Canadian name. Beaver, Buffalo, Caribou, Chipmunk and Otter are taken by DeHavilland Canada. Grizzly, Cougar and Lynx are taken by the army. Maybe the Avro Loon or Moose?
 
I must say, the CF-103 is a remarkably modern looking design, especially considering the time frame we're talking about here.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back