Chinese ‘Carrier-Killer’

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The -19 has titanium armor applied, and one missile acts as spotter commander for up to 8 other missiles attacking the enemy. The acting-commanding missile is replaced by other one if destroyed. The 'slave' missiles lit up their radars only after directed towards their targets.

It does what?

Perhaps you mean SS-N-12 (Sandbox), or SS-N-19 (Shipwreck)?
1-ton warhead, ~300 nmi range, 1.5-2 Mach sea-skimmers.
The -19 has titanium armor applied, and one missile acts as spotter commander for up to 8 other missiles attacking the enemy. The acting-commanding missile is replaced by other one if destroyed. The 'slave' missiles lit up their radars only after directed towards their targets.
Russian subs can fire up 24 such missiles, each weighting more than Grippen fighter.

I remember that one! They came in swarms, lots and lots of big, hulking, vodka powered ship killers. The rumor was the reason they didn't armor up our ships was to let the titanium warhead go right through without stopping. I guess the thought was "it won't notice".

I had my doubts about that idea, especially as I was going to be working where that sucker was coming in. Superstructure has a big radar signature.

Yeah, that one should've been renamed "Nightmare" cause it was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back