Closing?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

GB #14, Home Country Modern closes the first Sunday of September mate.

But it should have been started the first day of May by the rules!!!!!!!!
You will have to have a judge look at what you have to see how far along the build is to let it pass.

Contact Vic Balshaw if you would.

Bill

Last edited:
When will the build be over? I have a Monogram 1/109 scale F-101 Voodoo thats part done and would like to enter it.

As Bill has said, the current GB 14 build finishes on Sunday, 2nd September 2012. If you want to enter your part built Voodoo, this would normally be okay but can you give us some idea as to how far advanced it is built, some support photos would be good. Usually if it's not too far advanced it would be okay and this is usually agreed between the other GB entrants making comment on your request thread.

As to your other question, the remaining GB dates and subjects are listed here for your convenience.

GB.15. Wednesday, 1st Aug to Sunday, 2 Dec 2012 - Aircraft Carrier Planes
GB.16. Thursday, 1st Nov 2012 to Sunday, 3rd March 2013 - From WW1 to WW2 1914-39
GB.17. Friday 1st Feb to Sunday, 2nd Jun 2013 - The Jet Age 1944-45/Recon-Transport-Observer Aircraft of WW2 SPLIT BUILD

Edit:
futuredogfight

Sorry about this mate, but having just gone through all that spiel on your desire to enter the Voodoo, it's just dawned on me that the current build GB 14 Home Country Modern/Spitfire Marks (Split Build) is for current modern aircraft still in military service in your home country or for any type of Spitfire Mk.

So sadly, I don't think the Voodoo is going to fit into this current build. However, if you want and we would be delighted to see it, you can always post your F-101 Voodoo build in the 'Start to Finish Builds' category. I for one would be delighted to see it as I have a 1/48 F-101 Monogram kit sitting in my stash wafting for the right moment.

Last edited:
Just one minor point though - would a Voodoo be considered a 'modern' aircraft? If it's still in service with the home country then fine, but the GB is really for those aircraft currently in service, or only just retired, within the country of the modeller.

The same thought struck me and I think we crossed posted on this one while I was compiling and edit Terry.

Well, the -101 is 3/4 of the way done. Adding smaller parts and a weight is about what's left

Can I suggest mate, that you complete what little you have to do on the kit and then post it on a thread under 'Your Completed Kits', we'd love to see how it turns our particularly in this miniscule scale.

Yeah, the gear is in place (just added the nose wheels and strut) and I just need to add weight to the nose, mask and paint the canopy and decal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back