Coal powered weapons??

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

bobbysocks

Chief Master Sergeant
Feb 28, 2010
Pennsylvania
on a lark ( and out of boredom ) i started to dig deeper into the coal powered ramjets and found some "interesting " pieces of work on german coal (and other strange method) powered weapons. I say interesting because it could all be a hoax or be actual truth. just becasue its on the internet doesnt mean it's true...

Faulker Feuersturm

Rudolf Schriever

WNF Feuerball - Zeppelin Werk Kugelblitz - AEG Kugelwaffen

@ hitlersflyingsaucers.greyfalcon.us

Focke-Wulf Triebflugel <<< nice pics of the new FW

at the very least its humorous reading

Last edited:
Really cool bobby,
burning occurs on the surface so increase surface area increase rate of burning i.e. fine grain powder vs coarse. dust is highly explosive if it is composed of a flammable material like grain dust. grain elevators can and do explode. coal mine explosions are also common though sometimes from methane gas coal dust can and does explode so that part is true.
As to the air-cannon vortex, there is a toy called the Air-Zooka which produces the same effect and you can aim and shoot a "ball" of air 10-15 feet and knock a hat off. but air has little density and therefore low inertia so the rotation soon slows and stops making range very limited
rotating anything produces torque and by Newton's laws (action-reaction pairs) there is a counter torque produced so you either have two blades rotating in opposite directions or some kind of opposed thrust countering the torque, like the tail rotor on a helo. i think that there is even a helo that vents turbine exhaust through a tail boom to oppose the counter torque
secondly, the question of balance. any imbalance causes vibration. i always thought the hueys were going to come apart any second. so those big rotating blades need to be very finely balanced, and one bullet during combat, the thing would tear itself apart.
vto craft today use either vectored thrust (Harriers) or counter rotating large props (Osprey)
and as i recall from US saucer tests controlling direction was very difficult with out control surfaces and any vectored thrust divides the power output

i thought they were cool...as for true?? there are a lot of hoaxes out there but thought they were interesting enough to read for entertainments sake... the main site is a little bizarre so i didnt dig too deep...got to watch what sites i look at while at work...lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back