Coffee?tea? or barf

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

No passengers, practice for an upcoming air show. Just because you can,....You know

Attachments

• 13370-COSPLAY-Just_because_you_can_doesnt_mean_you_should.jpg
    13370-COSPLAY-Just_because_you_can_doesnt_mean_you_should.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Most airliners are capable of this kind of performance when empty;airliners are generally overpowered by a considerable margin, particularly the big twins - for obvious reasons; ETOPS and all that. Here's a 757 doing pretty much the same thing.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRiCHgQnf9s

cool noise, although it sounds a bit like my vacuum cleaner. This is the RNZAF 757's party piece.

Airliners lead a fairly mundane existence shuffling self loading cargo around, but they are spectacular pieces of machinery capable of astonishing performance. I always enjoy an airliner airshow display; very rarely do you get to see the big birds flex their muscles, apart from take-offs and landings at airports.

Here's a display I watched when I lived in the UK; this was the 2003 Centenary of Flight airshow at Duxford, which my girlfriend bought me a ticket to for my birthday, which was a few days earlier than the display day. The highlight was this SAA 744 (747-400) display; very majestic and watching it live it was much more impressive than the footage here gives it justice. The aircraft's captain was commentating from the cockpit as he flew the aircraft about, which made the whole thing so thoroughly absorbing.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnx91OvATjg

The 744 is such a beautiful aircraft.

Ha ha! I remember there was a guy in Wales who used to complain about RAF jets flying low over his house in the Valley, so he wrote "P*ss off Biggles" in large letters on the roof of his barn, but RAF pilots being what they are saw this as a reason to increase the amount of traffic over the guy's house!

Aviation Photography - Where to go

Users who are viewing this thread

Back