Col. Paul Tibbets - RIP (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I wish to just say God Bless Paul for he and he alone had to fly the first A bomb dropped in anger.
Imagine this you are flying a bomb that has never been dropped from an airplane that is more powerfull than anything known to man! It took guts and that goes for the entire crew as well!
They I am sure felt that this most likely would be a one way trip...how could you not? The fact they dropped the weapon and did so perfectly and returned safe is a miracle.
I am moved when I see pictures of crying babies and others burned beyond belief and doomed to die a horrible death...but that is the fault of the Japanese leadership! Not Paul Tibbets or the military! Shame on anyone who has forced this great man to be buried without a grave marker or funeral!!!!! I am disgusted that these bleeding heart babies are so out of touch with reality to not understand that people are and can be EVIL!!!!! Not the heros who fought these horrible animals who showed no respect for human life and who were the worst kind of evil !
God Bless you Paul and thank you....
You saved my life ...my childrens lives and thier childrens and so on......
a true hero has been lost to history.

My father was a Seabee on Tinian when the Enola Gay took off. He was one of the guys who ran the electric plant for the airfield the Enola Gay flew from. The guys there called it Pacific Power and Light. I still have a manufactures plate from one of the generators that my dad brought home. My mom was an Army Nurse stationed in Germany in the occupation army. They had been married in 1936 so it was a bit different for them. A story for another time.

My point is, I have listened for over 50 years as people from all parts of the world have crapped on the crew of the Enola Gay and Bock's Car for one reason or another. A great hew and cry was raised when the Enola Gay was put on display at the Smithsonian.

These two air crews saved, perhaps, a million allied lives. Both my parents most likely would have died in the invasion as Sea Bees went on the beach with the Marines, and they were transferring medical personnel from Europe to the Pacific to be part of the invasion when the war ended. We will never know how many Japanese lives were spared. If Okinawa is any indication, more than half the population could have died.

If you don't like what these men did on a personal level, TOUGH SH T!!!
Don't blame the men or the bomb. Blame ALL the people who stared the war, blame the men who would not surrender when they had lost! Blame the people who NEVER learn from history!

Some of the air crew killed themselves and some tried to fade away but Col. Tibbets always stood his ground. He always took responsibility. I hope that he rests in a very deserved peace.

Herb

Well his profile says age 14, that's about grade 7 or 8, I guess, and he's future US army.

{don't worry Joe it's not like he said future USAF...:eek: :eek: :eek: :shock: }

By the way Christian, if you didn't know already you can "edit" your posts, and correct spelling if you notice a mistake. I don't spell perfectly either, but when I do notice I go back fix it.

{We kan awl mayk stoopid mist-aches sum thymes.....} :D

Joe, what's amazing is you even understood what he's talking about. 8th grade with a 2nd grade level of speach/typing/thought process.

Oh.......... Thank you Mr. Tibbets

Thor I wonder if some of the kids who put down age as 14 might actually be much younger? Some websites you have to be minimum 14....

For those who took part in the great struggle: :salute:

If you read this book, you will understand what the crews went through and why it was necessary to take action against a determined and brutal enemy, the Japanese.

Sorry about hurt feelings, but the Japanese got what they needed to get to save millions of Americans and Japanese lives.

Slick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back