If I may throw out a comment - back when I was an avid plastic builder as well as control line balsa flying scale, I was in USAF Reserve. One drill in 1965 just before a major inspection, it was announced that supply had too many spray cans of Zinc Chromate. Those of you ex military know too much inventory will gig you same as a shortage. I was among those rushing to supply to help Sgt. M.... and was able to get six cans. They have sprayed interiors of plastic & balsa models.
See below the three remaining cans, one of which sprayed the color card today.
The amazing thing is that all three cans still spray. Although the color card was done in the bright sun, to my eyes, the actual shade may be very slightly more greenish.
The company supplying was:
LHB Industries, Berkeley, Mo. 63134
description: Primer Coating, Zinc Chromate, Type II (aerosol)
Y-Yellow
My notations on the cans showed working 1996, 2024,2025 as well as today. When those at my old scale club would object to my interior color, I would produce the actual cans used by the 926th Troop Carrier Sq.
I have also mentioned in another thread, when we painted the C-119, the blue stripe between the white top and natural metal sides on at least two aircraft had blue mixed with underside gray because we ran out of blue. I would have defied anyone to find which planes they were on the ramp. The fascination with the exact color is a waste of time unless the model depicts the full scale bird as it rolled out of the factory.
rant over
ed