eBay: Consolidated B-24 Liberator

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Warner Robins, Georgia. Air Service Command, Robins Field. Aircraft mechanics removing the cowling from the engines of a B-24 bomber

1627900206726.png

Liberator (B-24E) bomber. Two Liberator (B-24E) bombers on trial flights near the big Ford Willow Run Plant at which they were produced. The Liberator is capable of operation at high altitudes and over great ranges for high accuracy bombing missions. It has proved itself an excellent performer in the Pacific, in Northern Africa, Europe and the Aleutians.
1943 Feb.

Baugher B-24E-5-FO Liberator 42-7013

1627900706167.png

Great images, my favourite: the B24 in RAF Coastal Command colours. My thanks Snautzer01

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks for sharing this picture, so gutted I missed out on bidding for it ☹️ We have a 148 veterans/relatives research group called "Operation Dark of the Moon" as we cover the Squadrons Special Duties period (1943-1945). This Liberator was part of the "Special Liberator Flight" which became "X Flight" before finally being part of the reformed 148 SD Squadron with Halifax aircraft joining the Libs. With dropping agents and supplies from bases in North Africa and then Southern Italy, into the Balkans, Southern Europe and Poland, including the ill fated Warsaw Uprising support mission. The Polish flight also operated Liberators on these flights and the South African 178 Squadron lost many of its Liberator crews on the hazardous Warsaw operations. Also loving this thread as I live in the middle of the 2nd AD's, 96th BW, Bomb Group bases ! Rackheath (467th), Horsham St Faiths (458th) and Attlebridge (466th). Grew up hearing the stories of mass formations and many unfortunate crashes. Hope this thread continues to grow 👍 Steve A

Users who are viewing this thread

Back