Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
No. Note that the Gold Monkey show had the hero pilot flying P-40's in China for Chennault BEFORE PEARL HARBOR, and going to the Pacific to fly his Grumman Goose as a charter pilot BEFORE PEARL HARBOR.

There was a Mae for TV movie starring, I think, Doug McClure, Roy Thinnes, and Lloyd Bridges. Doug was a USAAF pilot and Roy was an RAF pilot in the Western Desert. The RAF P-40 was leading the USAAF P-40 to drop a bomb on something. The RAF P-40 did not have a bomb rack so they asked for help from the USAAF; I guess this was theoretically possible if the RAF had been flying a Tomahawk I. One of the P-40's was in reality a two seater; you could see where they had simply painted over the rear cockpit. The RAF guys gets shot down and they fled acrss the desert being chased by Lloyd Bridges in a German tank. I found it amusing that they were both piled into the cockpit of a P-40 when in fact it was a 2 seater. I wonder what ever happened to that airplane.

Great bad movie. I remember Lloyd Bridges (as the evil Wehrmacht officer) slapping the fender of the M-4 Sherman and saying "Panzer!" The Greman tank crew of course rolling their eyes at this Heer version of Lieutenant Neidermeyer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back