Curtiss P-40K - Special Hobby 1:72

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

hal bregg

Senior Airman
442
890
Joined
Oct 13, 2013
Location
Poland
Hello!

Lend-lease P-40K in Soviet use.

Pilot: Lt. Kunzetsov, 436 fighter regiment, somewhere in Russia, Winter 1943.

DSCF641.JPG
DSCF4610.JPG
DSCF4621.JPG
DSCF4625.JPG
DSCF4631.JPG
DSCF4653.JPG
 
Thx.
And thats all about P-40 modelling (for now, of course).
Special Hobby done a good job in their P-40 family. Maybe not Eduard, or Arma Hobby quality, but still a good choice for 1:72 P-40 fans.
Cheers!
DSCF4657.JPG
 
Last edited:
Hello!

Lend-lease P-40K in Soviet use.

Pilot: Lt. Kunzetsov, 436 fighter regiment, somewhere in Russia, Winter 1943.

View attachment 873538View attachment 873539View attachment 873540View attachment 873541View attachment 873542View attachment 873543

1775424527228.png


I made the same kit (thought it was excellent) did the Soviet / Kuznetsov version and and US 57th FG one. Yours is better built and painted than mine and a bit less dirty, as I weathered mine a bit. Mine is also rather sadly dusty now as it's kept in an open shelf. But quite similar. I thought it was a great kit.

The pitot tube is also a sad replacement after the orignal was knocked off in a feline terrorism incident and lost to carpet monster.

I also really like Special Hobby in general and I have made several of theirs, including a few P-40s and I have some more to do in the stash.

I wish ARMA hobby would do a P-40. They probably will eventually, I have their Hawk-75A1, I guess they have to go through all the permutations through A4 and then we'll get Hawk 81 and then the various Hawk 87.

Meanwhile somebody needs to sell a box full of tail wheels and pitot tubes for 1/72 WW2 fighters... And a device to zap dust from a distance without harming models...
 
Last edited:
I'm a bit confused though as I thought this one was not Special Hobby but from a Sword double-kit? But it could easily be SH because I have like ten SH p-40 kits either made already or in the stash
 
View attachment 874430

I made the same kit (thought it was excellent) did the Soviet / Kuznetsov version and and US 57th FG one. Yours is better built and painted than mine and a bit less dirty, as I weathered mine a bit. Mine is also rather sadly dusty now as it's kept in an open shelf. But quite similar. I thought it was a great kit.

The pitot tube is also a sad replacement after the orignal was knocked off in a feline terrorism incident and lost to carpet monster.

I also really like Special Hobby in general and I have made several of theirs, including a few P-40s and I have some more to do in the stash.

I wish ARMA hobby would do a P-40. They probably will eventually, I have their Hawk-75A1, I guess they have to go through all the permutations through A4 and then we'll get Hawk 81 and then the various Hawk 87.

Meanwhile somebody needs to sell a box full of tail wheels and pitot tubes for 1/72 WW2 fighters... And a device to zap dust from a distance without harming models...
A splendid idea. Replacement kits for the pointy bits. I think fubar57 fubar57 had a catchier phase for it.
 
Have these kits in the stash myself, encouraging to see they build up so nicely - well done guys!

BTW, did yas have any fit issues with the wing trailing edges?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back