Dassault Mirage III/V/IV and F1 in 1/48...?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
After buying this issue of Aviation Classics...

298_29855297.jpg

.....which I can highly recommend for anyone who wants to know more about SAAB and its aircraft (Heinkel and Junkers have a lot ot answer for! :lol: ) among other things.

Anyhoo, I saw that the next issue in July will be about the Dassault Mirage III/V, which made me look on the web...

How come that it's such a few modern kits around for the Mirage III/V in 1/48 and of course the IV and the F1??

As far as I understand the Eduard is the best (or?) in town, which is a C and/or CJ...

Italeri's IIIE being the old Esci..

Academy's being a copy of the Fujimi and both being closer to 1/50 than 1/48 and NOT all that...

FM's IIIE, well as I've read regarding that one.....let's not go there! :lol:

Hobby Boss which seem to be a copy of Eduard, or som it's said...

Heller's III and IV, back to the....well raised lines etc..

Italeri's F1.C which also is the old Esci, but it's said that it's one of Esci's best attempts...

Isn't it about time that these birds get some limelight? I mean they were popular and important enough in the cold war era and after....right? 21 countries bought the III and 15 the V, I think....I'm sure that F1 found a few buyers as well...

So....what's the hold up??

Good point old boy, maybe it's just fallen out of 'popularity', and seen as a 'low sales volume' item?
BTW, I think the Hobby Boss kit might have been the basis for the Eduard kit, not the other way around. I remember the reviews when it came out as one of their first kits, if not the first. Good review too - got it in a magazine somewhere. Funny, maybe it was Elvington, but I fancy doing a Hobby Boss Mirage III.

Know the feeling old chap! 60's bird me think, seen a couple of French 13's... :lol:
Also remember having a copy of that French comic, about some French pilots flying the IIIE, can't remember the name though.... :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back