DB605 and P&W R-2800 looking for

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

StefanoD

Recruit
Sep 18, 2009
Hi to all.
I'm new member here from Italy. I'm part of an Italian Aviation association called GAVS (GAVS - Gruppo amici Velivoli Storici)

I'm looking for the blueprint sheet or technical drawing for the DB605 for a mokup I have to build.

I'm also looking for the P47's blueprint sheet or technical drawing for the same reason.
Does the Repubblic Aviation company still exist?Or the Pratt Whitney?
Anybody knows the historical office where I can ask for copy of the technical design (blueprints)?

Anyone able to help or provide them?

Thankyou in advance
Stefano

Stephano,

This could be very difficult. I've never seen a BLUEPRINT of any of the DB 600 series engines published anywhere.

However, there are several very good cutaway drawings available. If they would be of any help, let me know and I'll put them up.

Below is a fairly simple side view and end-view of the DB 601 engine.

Attachments

• DB 601 side view 1.jpg
    DB 601 side view 1.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 657
Last edited:
Jerry,
you said the truth concerning the difficulty of obtaining the DB60x's blueprints :( but they exist for sure!:mad:
I can only imagine why it is so difficult to get them! Anyway should be easier to obtain the P&W R-2800's blueprints! Isn,t it?
However if you know where I can find several very good cutaway drawings you are welcome.

Best regards
Stefano!

p.s.
for any comunication, please, feel free to use my e_mail: [email protected]

Valengo,
thankyou very mutch. I apreciate it!

Stefano

Users who are viewing this thread

Back