Determination of aircraft type of excavated propeller

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

John1811

Recruit
Dec 23, 2018
Dear all,

a friend of mine found this propeller (see pictures below) during works on a construction site in Germany.
I am quite curious about which type of aircraft this propeller is coming from and would be glad to receive an answer.
Many thanks in advance

John

Attachments

• IMG_0498.JPG
    IMG_0498.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 249
  • IMG_0499.JPG
    IMG_0499.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 194
  • IMG_0500.JPG
    IMG_0500.JPG
    885.1 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_0501.JPG
    IMG_0501.JPG
    963.4 KB · Views: 177
You will need to clean up the hub (floor) end considerably and look for numbers and other stampings in the alloy and post clear photos of those for anyone to even begin to make an educated guess

Thanks for your fast reply.

I actually discovered a stamp on the bottom of the propeller as you suspected (see picture below), whereupon you can find "hge" (probably the abbreviation for the propeller factory Gustav Schwarz in Eilenburg, Germany).
At the hub of the propeller I could find another lettering (see picture) on which one can only recognize the word "austauschbar" (="exchangeable" in english).
In addition to that the blade has a total length of 125 cm (=49,2 inch).
I hope this information will help.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,
John

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 180
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 179
Good news John
I only have some data on US and some UK props but hopefully others on the site who know German props will be able to respond

Thanks for your fast reply.

I actually discovered a stamp on the bottom of the propeller as you suspected (see picture below), whereupon you can find "hge" (probably the abbreviation for the propeller factory Gustav Schwarz in Eilenburg, Germany).
At the hub of the propeller I could find another lettering (see picture) on which one can only recognize the word "austauschbar" (="exchangeable" in english).
In addition to that the blade has a total length of 125 cm (=49,2 inch).
I hope this information will help.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,
John
Hi John,
This blade number looks to be 9-12087.10. That number is the correct one for a Bf109G fitted with the DB605A engine. The blade looks to be in very good condition and is quite valuable.
Cheers

Eng

Users who are viewing this thread

Back