Devastator and Vindicator

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Downloadable copies are available from Aircraft Reports for the TBD-1 and the SB2U-3. Not real cheap, but I've had good service from them on things I've ordered before.
 
Also, Capt Eric Brown flew a "Chesapeake" (the RAF name for the Vindicator) and described the experience in his excellent book, "Wings of the Navy" which you can buy on ebay for less than $20.00
 

Attachments

Also, Capt Eric Brown flew a "Chesapeake" (the RAF name for the Vindicator) and described the experience in his excellent book, "Wings of the Navy" which you can buy on ebay for less than $20.00
thanks a lot for the files
 
Except for the French V-156F pilot's notes, these are not manuals, but perhaps they are of interest.
 

Attachments

Last edited:
Hi Guys

Would anyone be willing to share Devastator and/or Vindicator Pilot Handbook?

Thanks a lot 🙏🏻
A good many years ago, I made 35mm copy negatives of the SB2U and TBD photography in RG72 (BuAer builder's photos) at NARA II in College Park. This was before they allowed you to take the photographs out of the binders to scan them. Anyway, I'll be happy to furnish scans of the negatives if you are interested. You might need to be patient, as I have a publisher deadline with Naval Institute Press next February and I am really under the gun. But, send me a private message and I'll give you my contact info.

Mike Wenger
Raleigh, NC
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back