Does anyone have any documents and the like on the Horten Ho 229? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ryan T

Recruit
Aug 10, 2018
Hello,
Does anyone have any documents, drawings or unique information on the Horten Ho 229? I am currently undertaking a project to put together a website on the Horten Ho 229.

Looking forward to your replies,
Ryan

51r9Kk9BEkL._AC_SY400_.jpg

You can see the film Alas Argentinas is a film where is shown part of the argentinian aircraft design and construction ,and has coments on the work the Horten brothers acomplished in Argentine.
FMA 1.jpg

Hi Ryan, a Simulator company started to produce one and got a little ways into development before it started having problems and stopped, but heres a link to a thread in ED forums where they had a bit of feedback. I know through the thread there are links and vids to information about the Horten. Hope you can find info here. Good luck.

HORTON Ho229 v4+ by Polychop Simulations - ED Forums

This is a facebook link to the company that started it :

Polychop-Simulations

I can't find that book anywhere in my country and I don't like buying items online
Thanks anyway,
Ryan

Living 400km from the nearest major city like I do means I purchase all my books online and I am yet to have a problem other than AusPost losing track and trace items. You are covered against loss if you use Paypal.

Usually I purchase from overseas as the postage and handling charges from most Aus retailers are obscene - like $22.00 for the same item that I got from Amazon US at US$8 = AU$12 for postage. That was sent US Post and took three days to Sydney (across the date line means it is really 2 days) where track and trace stopped as soon as it passed into AusPosts hands and then 14 days from Sydney to me (1,200 miles/1,800km) and I use Paypal whenever possible.

I find ebay quite good if the vendor uses ebay Global shipping. Cheap and fast. Usually not cheap if they do not use Global.

Try bookfinder.com and pick a reputable seller. If your problem is your postal system losing items then use a courier like I do, especially in Aus where Sendle is typically 1/2 AusPosts cost and they have full track and trace - I even get an email within minutes to say my item was picked up from x place at y time.

A courier is usually more expensive but better unless the international courier hands all small town parcels and remote area parcels over to the post office like Fedex do here in Australia.

Last edited:
Hello Woodhaven1

Those are excellent plans. Where did you find them?

I am looking at building a simulator cockpit modeled on the Horten 229 and am looking for plans of the aircraft. I've heard the Deutsche Museum as complete plans, but I am unlikely to visit Munich anytime soon!

Any hints on where to look are appreciated!

MarkV

Best way to do a simulator is find a good 3D model and slice it up on its frame sections.Think a jigsaw puzzle where you have to make the parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back