Does anyone have Hawaii airpower 1942 by month?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

pinsog

Tech Sergeant
Jan 20, 2008
Does anyone have the number and type of airplanes based in Hawaii after the Pearl Harbor raid through 1942? Broken down by airplane type and month? I can't find it anywhere on the net.

All I have is this one, 228pgs.

upload_2017-3-29_10-13-28.png

The Air Force numbers may hold a bit steadier than Navy numbers as the Navy resupplied the carriers from Pearl, ie planes were sometimes flown out the carriers without the carriers actually docking so planes available at the beginning/end of month might have moved on in another week or two. Only B-17s, medium bombers, A-20s and PBYs had the ability to fly from Hawaii to further destinations/landing strips on the way to Australia.

I was more curious in fighter types and numbers available before Midway and during Guadalcanal campaign

Lots of data on that topic in other Midway threads. As I recall, after Midway, a P-40E squadron formerly based in Hawaii I believe it was replaced so a Hawaii P--40 squadron was maintained on Oahu. Good source for USN aircraft before Midway is of course Lundstrom (First team) and then for Guadalcanal (First Team & the Guadalcanal) He does report tally of P-400 & P-39s at Henderson Field. You might check out:

HyperWar: U.S. Army Air Force in World War II--Order of Battle

It may have more information than provided by Lundstrom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back