Does anyone here have Track IR?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bombsaway

Airman
Apr 4, 2009
Texas
I've been wanting to buy this but not sure what all I need to have to use it, such as software or accessories needed to make it work. Does anyone know what all I'll need?
Thanks,Mark.

Oh well Proton, I'll have to wait till I get a monitor.:]

I have a question, i have TrackIR 4Pro and it rules (duuhhh) But now i want to use it to the full capebillity. Like the:
Roll (tilted angles)
Lean (left/right)
Raise (up/down).
Zoom (in/out)

Cus now i can only use:
Yaw (left/right)
Pitch (up/down).

Now i did read there are some fixes for this on mod sites!
But the thing is i have 2x TrackIr2 (one older version) but only 1cd of the game. And i run a copy on my other machine with a no-cd .exe on both machine as my CD/DVD drive makse so much noise! (no this is not a joke, i normally make miniImage's of CD/DVD's like BF2) The mod file for TrackIR is also a mod'd version of the .exe file. Can anyone tell me if i can add these extra full options mod for TrackIR without ****ing my instal (.exe) file on both machines. PLZ HELP ME OUT! Its for 1946 edition as i don't play the other anymore. plz plz plz help me/and my friends out.

regards, DrZ.

Your best option is to have a clean install of IL2:1946, patched to 4.08 and then a copy placed in a safe location. Then you download AllAircraftArcade's UnifiedInstaller 1.1 (UI1.1) and install it. Patch it with UI1.1.1 patch. Check if it runs OK and make another backup.

UI1.1.1 has 6DoF and sound mods and a lot of other things. (and it's NoCD)

So you have an IL2:1946 4.08 backup, an IL2:1946_UI1.1.1 backup and one UI1.1.1 version to mod. If something goes wrong, you can go back.

Ok i hope i can work this out, you mean save the .exe file on a save spot right?. Btw what the **** is up with the gfx of the website, it looks so.. so... cold and diff.

Ok i hope i can work this out, you mean save the .exe file on a save spot right?. Btw what the **** is up with the gfx of the website, it looks so.. so... cold and diff.
No, save a copy of the entire IL2_1946 directory. I understand some might be short on HD space, but with 1TB drives costing what they do...

Nah have like 2x 1T left :oops: just got 1,5T for free from a clanmate in the UK :D Happy me.

But ok i wil do that, i dont know if i understand how to do this, but i will :D

:)

Rightclick on the folder IL2_1946 (Or whatever it's called on your system), select copy.
Rightclick in a folder (possibly same folder) and select paste.
Option is to rename the "copy of IL2_1946" to IL2_1946_BACKUP or IL2_1946_408_CLEAN or something like that.

When you've installed UI 1.1 and patched it with UI1.1.1, do a richtclick-copy again and paste it again. This time rename it to IL2_1946_UI_MODBACKUP or IL2_1946_AAA_MODBACKUP or something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back