Dornier DO 217 Werk Nr Help ?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sep 12, 2006
Hello,

I need some help ! I got this data tag from a DO-217. Can anyone help me ID this aircraft using this Werk nr ? I would love to know more about it !

Thanks for your help !

Chris

Attachments

• SAM_0085.JPG
    SAM_0085.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 193
  • SAM_0087.JPG
    SAM_0087.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 234
  • SAM_0086.JPG
    SAM_0086.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 187
Not likely. That's a data tag for a particular part, not for the whole aircraft and I don't think that there is any cross reference of a part to a particular aircraft but I've been wrong before.

Some here may be able to find out what part is was for given that the number is very clear.

Indeed the german way was to break up the production proces into chunks
Plane would be split up in main construction numbers ig fuselage (rumpf in pic) nr 12, Every item belong to this this wouldd start with Plane number XXX12-XXXX, so for a bf109 fuselage part it would read like 109.12-0400

Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard02.jpg
Clipboard03.jpg

That would explain the Sach number, but would the werk number not be specific to a given aircraft.

In which case this might to production number 051 328 which was converted to a J-1 Issud to 4/NJG 3. Its fate noted as Emergency landed 3/9/1942 near Vilslev about 7 kilometres northwest of Ribe due to engine failure at approximately 17:00 hours. The aircraft skidded along and broke through two small dikes before Engineer Obergefreiter Adam Gerhardt was thrown out of the aircraft and ended up underneath it when it came to a halt. When the aircraft was moved it was found that Gerhardt was dead. The aircraft was 85% damaged and Haisch and Wop Unteroffizier Erwin Bormann were both lightly injured. However I suspect production should have shifted to E-2 or E-4 by that production number so it is probable that earlier answers were correct.

Werknummer of a part is usually not in relation to the aircraft it is installed in.
DWF built just 44 E-1s so not many numbers to choose from unless the part was re-used in later E-Versions of which about 800 were built

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back