Douglas C-124A/B/C Tech Manuals

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Luft Bier

Airman
Jul 8, 2018
West Central Georgia
Hi everyone, new to the forum and I'm really lookin what's going on here. That said, I'm currently don't some research for a local museum on a C-124. I've found a lot of useful info on the website so far but I'm having difficult tracking down the -1 flight manual. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: I realize the C-124 just missed WWII, but it did rely heavily on WWII technology.

Yeah, I've seen that as well, just figured since most archival tech manuals are open source someone would have a publicly available source. It's looking more and more like I'll have to purchase a copy.

Edit: meant to also mention that when purchasing online copies, you're never sure whether the document is complete or not and I've purchased some incomplete documents before.

I looked around and couldn't find anything publicly available except the performance data and electrical wiring supplements to the flight manual.

A $10 'roll of the dice' isn't too bad - there were other sites asking $100+ for the same. There weren't any copies on the used book market that I could see either; there were only a few 3rd party books about the plane.

I looked around and couldn't find anything publicly available except the performance data and electrical wiring supplements to the flight manual.

A $10 'roll of the dice' isn't too bad - there were other sites asking $100+ for the same. There weren't any copies on the used book market that I could see either; there were only a few 3rd party books about the plane.
I went ahead and purchased it. The guy said it was the complete manual so we'll see

Hi everyone, new to the forum and I'm really lookin what's going on here. That said, I'm currently don't some research for a local museum on a C-124. I've found a lot of useful info on the website so far but I'm having difficult tracking down the -1 flight manual. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: I realize the C-124 just missed WWII, but it did rely heavily on WWII technology.

I don't have a manual, sorry, but I just couldn't help but reply to this post. I was in the MS ANG for 11 years, an airlift unit. I was in the base civil engineers... but I did have the opportunity to make several trips in the plane... one as far as MS to Nevada. The rear cargo bay was like flying inside a gymnasium!

I don't have a manual, sorry, but I just couldn't help but reply to this post. I was in the MS ANG for 11 years, an airlift unit. I was in the base civil engineers... but I did have the opportunity to make several trips in the plane... one as far as MS to Nevada. The rear cargo bay was like flying inside a gymnasium!
That's awesome, the C-124 has always been one of my favorite aircraft so I'd have loved to have had the opportunity to for on one.

So I've had a chance to look over the manual I purchased, T.O. 1C-124A-1. This manual covers all production A models as well as A models converted to the later C model. There's a ton of great information however, this manual does not cover the wingtip combustion heaters which were standard on C models. I believe this is because they weren't standard on the A model. In any case, there is T.O. 1C-124C-1, so I'll see about getting that to cover the gaps.

Good to hear that it all worked out for you! :thumbleft:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back