Drake's Drum

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nick Sumner

Airman
Aug 4, 2011
This is a picture of an Me 364 bomber.

Me 364A.jpg

This image is Photoshopped

If the moderators will permit me to say, it is from Drake's Drum, a series of alternate history books I am writing. Many aircraft that were designed during WW2 but never built in our time line, take to the skies in the story. Again, with the permission of the moderators, I would like to post some Photoshopped images of those aircraft from time to time.

This is a picture of a Boulton Paul Cormorant naval dive bomber. Although this aircraft never flew in our time line this image is based on the Boulton Paul P.96A, a real design. It is from Drake's Drum, a series of alternate history books I am writing.

Cormorant 72 px.jpg

G'day Nick!

I like the Cormarant. I can now see the Defiant gene and possibly the Sea Fury nose - but I'm stumped with the cockpit origins?
When I first saw it my immediate thought was something along the lines of the Vanneau or the Cambridge...

Scan0181.jpg

a772f0c472cfa7f284b7a4099e53861b.jpg

alternate history

"Alternatively" use a grainy photo of an extremely rare aircraft - photoshopping not required - and make up a story. :)

Stories of Stalin disliking air travel are a myth - he was a qualified pilot. You can see him with his coat at right having just secretly landed at an isolated British aerodrome to discuss the Berlin Crisis. He did not want anyone in the USSR to know he was negotiating with the British.
His bodyguard is looking suspiciously at the cameraman and is seriously considering liquidating him. People in the background are Secret Service.
The aircraft was built for two and on Stalin's request was fitted with long range tanks. He liked long distance flying.

Scan0165.jpg

G'day Nick!

I like the Cormarant. I can now see the Defiant gene and possibly the Sea Fury nose - but I'm stumped with the cockpit origins?
When I first saw it my immediate thought was something along the lines of the Vanneau or the Cambridge...

The original pic was of a Defiant target tug. The cockpit is based on the BP P.96A design but is just Photoshop tinkering...

firefly 2 photo.jpg

Another image from the Drake's Drum timeline. This is a Fairey Firefly Mk II. This aircraft originated with a 1939 Royal Navy specification, NAD925/39A, for an interceptor. A parallel project for a two seat fighter with a much thicker wing to specification N.8/39 did not proceed far.

Ju 187 E grain 72.jpg

A Junkers Ju 187. In OTL, the Ju187 was cancelled by the Luftwaffe because it offered too little performance advantage over the Ju 87 it was deigned to replace. In the Drake's Drum timeline it becomes the Kreigsmarine's standard carrier dive bomber..

These creations are good enough to have posted in the "What is it? Game Thread and enjoyed the ensuing hilarity.

These images are Photoshopped

Two pictures of Mitsubishi A7M 'Reppu' fighters, from the Drake's Drum timeline.

DD A7M 4 web (1).jpg

DD A7M 4 web (2).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back