Dust!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jul 21, 2012
Bangkok/California
I just gave my wildcat a second coat of paint, which I mixed super well and went on easily and without problems. When I came back after about an hour, the entire thing looks all rough and bumpy because of what appears to be a bunch of dust and dirt that stuck to it. My girlfriend had started up the fan, and I think the disturbance in the air just coated my poor wildcat. How can I stop this from happening? I'm living in Bangkok, and dealing with dust and dirtiness is a never ending battle. Perhaps I should just place it in a box with the lid shut until it has a chance to dry?

Is there a solution to taking the bumps and dirt out of the paint, or should I just sand it down, dust it off, and start over again?

I usually leave my model in the washroom and lock the door, theres usually no dust in 1 of my washrooms in the house. If its occupied :S then I cover it with a lid and leave it down in the basement.

I think the if you sand it with some 1500 grit sandpaper and wipe down on blow it off you will be fine. As far as fighting the dust. It's a never ending battle.

I do something along the lines of what Matt does. I airbrush in a large cardboard box. When I am done I cover the opening with a large cloth lightly sprayed with Endust for Electronics. I use this product on all TVs, monitors, keyboards, drives. seems to attract dust away from the model

Another thing you could do is cover the opening of a box with a wet towel. The towel will attract the dust and not let it pass thru. If you made a cubed frame from PVC pipe and fittings you could cover the whole thing with damp towels. Even spray inside it.

Just an idea.

Thanks for all the help guys. I just ended up scraping off just about all of the top layer of paint with a toothpick and my fingernail. I tried to just get some of the bumps off, but I ended up removing most of the paint. I repainted one side of the top and put it under a big bowl. I just peeked at it and no raised bumps or dust stuck to it!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back