EARLIEST EXTANT MERLIN

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

There is a Merlin Mk 1 (heavily sectioned) on display in Derby, U.K. as part of the Rolls-Royce Heritage Trust collection. It is engine No. 251, ie the 126th Merlin manufactured.

Hello everyone.
I cannot open the image at the top of this thread, too old!
But I think he is referring to the Merlin F at the Auckland war Memorial Museum, which is engine No 59, and is indeed the earliest example.
Only one other ramp-head Merlin exists, the one mentioned at Derby which is a Merlin I.

Pete

I see lots of sites that don't have a place for pictures, loosing the links. Its goofy having to post a photo on some other site, I just don't understand why? Disk and storage space is dirt cheap in this day and age.

Hello Peter,

Welcome to the forum.

For those who don't know "MerlinPete"; Peter is one of the most experienced, hands-on, Merlin engine-eers around.

He sells an excellent 'Merlin engine DVD' on ebay, and you can see his ground running engines on youtube, etc.

DAI

Sorry I may be being a bit thick here but what is Merlinpete's name on Youtube?

thanksvintage radials.i love your sites and the work you guys do.ive checked them out a few times in the past. ill i get to work on is old airplane engine cast off i found were i can. Im up to 6 now ans always looking for parts.

Users who are viewing this thread