Early radar and elint/jamming equipment (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

john landon1

Recruit
Mar 28, 2008
I have now reached the age when I need to start to part with a long term collection of Radar black boxes.Put together over fourty years its possibly a definitive collection.H2S ,and computer ,Fishpond GEE ASVMk11 Monica AI MKV11 indicators ,APR 4 several marks.S26,S27 ON AND ON AND ON.......magentrons [some boxed] klystrons ,soft sutton tubes etc etc
Now my question ....just where and how doi I dispose of this ,its heavy and takes up a lot of space

I have now reached the age when I need to start to part with a long term collection of Radar black boxes.Put together over fourty years its possibly a definitive collection.H2S ,and computer ,Fishpond GEE ASVMk11 Monica AI MKV11 indicators ,APR 4 several marks.S26,S27 ON AND ON AND ON.......magentrons [some boxed] klystrons ,soft sutton tubes etc etc
Now my question ....just where and how doi I dispose of this ,its heavy and takes up a lot of space

I'm sure there are museums that would be interested....but that rather depends on where you're located. I suspect most museums would want items to be donated rather than having to purchase them, which may be a turn-off for you given the time and money you've clearly invested. The only exception would be if your collection contained truly unique items.

The RAF Museum Hendon or the Yorkshire Air Museum at Elvington might be good candidates. Thinking a little more tangentially, the ELINT aspects might be of interest to Bletchley Park. Of course, if you live outside the UK then none of the above are really practical.

Not sure if this helps...

Last edited:
Good luck mate sounds a wonderful collection.

Hope it finds a good home where kids can see the ingenuity of their ancestors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back