eBay: Boeing B-29 Superfortress

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I wonder where this picture was taken? The hills in the back bear a resemblance to the White Tank Mountains west of Phoenix, Az near Luke AFB. There were several strips in the area but, to my knowledge, they were used to train fighter pilots and a bit south of there was a plant and adjacent airstrip that had something to do with medium bombers. The big boys never came around Luke or the aux fields, that Ive heard of.

Biggest reason for getting my hamster running upstairs is that I found the remains of what I believe was a drone similar to that one, while hunting the White Tanks in the early 2000s.
I've looked far and wide and until now have never seen anything remotely similar.
Does anyone have any links to references dealing with these and other WW2 era drones/targets?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I have put up a few ww2 drones but not that specific to an area.

I agree, Korean war ear, she seems to still be wearing the night time attire for nocturnal raids to Japan leftover from 1945 though, or did they also black them out for Korea? Seems I read somewhere that the black stayed on for several years after WWII up to and including Korea.

I thought those Camel marking signified a supply trip over the "Hump" to China, but as this seems to be a very early B-29 buy the green camo, and the fact it is located at Kelly Field in Texas, I am not sure what they Signify?

I thought those Camel marking signified a supply trip over the "Hump" to China, but as this seems to be a very early B-29 buy the green camo, and the fact it is located at Kelly Field in Texas, I am not sure what they Signify?
I've seen some other photos where there are camel marks. Like below.

I'm pretty certain the Camels indicate missions over the Hump. As far as the green B-29? Possible propaganda tour

Users who are viewing this thread