eBay: Consolidated B-32 Dominator

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That's a very good picture! It's hard to find good reference for the nose landing gear and the various diagrams in the manuals (and even the inboard profiles) seem to all disagree heavily about its design, with 4 or so different ones. Based on this picture, I'd say the closest match is the design used in the airplane commander's manual, with a tow attachment at the front and an angled strut at the bottom (some diagrams show it curving sharply). Photos of that assembly are very rare.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I'll re-iterate my comment in Post # 71
What I love is that making the tail bigger just worked. It's how they solved every stability problem the plane had, they just kept making it bigger until the plane flew well. It sounds like a skit from a comedy show. Just make the vertical stabilizer bigger for EXTREME stability.

Still wish one was saved...
What saddens me is that one was supposed to be. B-32-1-CF 42-108474 "Flaming Mamie" was set aside for display, but scrapped anyway in 1949 (From Sinko's 2007 book). I think Wolf's book also mentions this, but it has been a while since I've read that one. I'm not sure if it was a mistake or someone just changed their minds.

Users who are viewing this thread