eBay: Martin B-26 Marauder

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Repro Foto 10x15cm Flugzeug airplane aircraft Holland Belgien | eBay captured beute

1616070322684.png

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Very interesting image as it shows 3 bladed props. That I recall, all B-26 Marauders were built with Curtis Electric 4 bladed props. With the silver part of the blade adjacent to the spinner and the hole in the spinner, leads me to think these may be VDMs, which the Germans used in place of damaged props if the plane crash landed. Would love to see how they modified the R-2800-43 to link up the pitch change motor and mechanism.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
There is a desciption of a german pilot flying a Marauder here on the board.

Last edited:
Doubt it's Europe bound. Looks like a B-26 or B-26A. The release date is too early for B-26Bs. It could be a B-26A that will be modified to Marauder I standards, but they went directly to North Africa. I can't make out the placement of the fuselage national insignia, which would confirm whether it's a B-26 or B-26A. The B-26A's was smaller and further back

Doubt it's Europe bound. Looks like a B-26 or B-26A. The release date is too early for B-26Bs. It could be a B-26A that will be modified to Marauder I standards, but they went directly to North Africa. I can't make out the placement of the fuselage national insignia, which would confirm whether it's a B-26 or B-26A. The B-26A's was smaller and further back
Great ferry picture and info. Looks like maybe you can see the white of a roundel star through the landing gear struts. Where would they have mounted guns if they were ferrying overseas? Was that done stateside at a base after the factory but before crossing overseas? Could that have been the first destination here?

The original press release doesn't mention flying overseas. There were plenty of ferry flights within CONUS. Aircraft completed at the factory were often flown to modification centers for further work. Or they were flown to air depots where they were prepared for delivery to combat units. B-26s were issued to 22nd Bomb Group, 38th Bomb Group and 42nd Bomb Group, and their attached recon squadrons prior to December 1941. 77th Bomb Squadron, detached from 42nd Bomb Group in January 1942 and flew their B-26s to Alaska. 22nd Bomb Group had theirs disassembled and shipped to Hawaii, from whence they flew to Australia between February and April. 73rd Bomb Squadron, 28th Composite Group transitioned to B-26s in March 1942 in Alaska. A further 22 B-26s were shipped directly to Australia as replacements for 22nd BG. Roughly 120 of the original 201 B-26s ended up in war zones. The rest were used in training in the US. Of the 139 B-26As, 71 were modified to Marauder Mk I standard and shipped to the RAF beginning in September 1942, the rest were retained in the US for training. B-26Bs were not delivered until May, 1942.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back