eBay: Martin PBM Mariner

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I believe the differences between the articles about PBM and PBY e.g. are based on the source of the article: IMHO those were copied from Internet (check the Sources) and do not contain the exact same type of information. This doesn't mean at all Mariners were not involved in U-boat sinkings. If you check the site thoroughly you'll find all of those listed.
From Uboat.net:
U-161 Sunk on 27 September 1943 in the South Atlantic east of Salvador da Bahia, Brazil, in position 12.30S, 35.35W, by depth charges from a US Mariner aircraft (VP-74 USN/P-2). 53 dead (all hands lost).
Check here for some photos of the aircraft from another site (Uboatarchive.net)
U-513 Sunk on 19 July 1943 in the South Atlantic south-east of São Francisco do Sul, Brazil, in position 27.17S, 47.32W, by depth charges from a US Mariner aircraft (VP-74 USN/P-3). 46 dead and 7 survivors.
U-572 Sunk on 3 August 1943 in the North Atlantic north-east of Trinidad, in position 11.35N, 54.05W, by depth charges from a US Mariner aircraft (VP-205 USN/P-6). 47 dead (all hands lost).

And so on.
If you want to have all cases in one source I'll suggest "The fighting Flying Boat" by Richard A. Hoffman - an amazing book about an amazing plane.
View attachment 664279
Cheers!
Thanks, I was very suspicious when no mentions of PBM sinkings were listed.

Found this today. Footage includes the 162A Tadpole Clipper, an initial production PBM-3, a PBM-3D, the XPB2M-1 doing a flyby past a parked B-26-MA, a PBM dropping life boats, and the XPBM-5A taxiing into the water and then landing on, well, land. Tried to embedded the video but it says the uploader has not made it available to be viewed on other websites.

Found this today. Footage includes the 162A Tadpole Clipper, an initial production PBM-3, a PBM-3D, the XPB2M-1 doing a flyby past a parked B-26-MA, a PBM dropping life boats, and the XPBM-5A taxiing into the water and then landing on, well, land. Tried to embedded the video but it says the uploader has not made it available to be viewed on other websites.

Can you please add the link to the site (or video) instead of embedding it?

Does this work? I originally tried embedding, saw that it didn't work and changed it to the URL option... which then embedded it anyway.

Update: nevermind, even posting the link without HTML still automatically embeds it. Adding a bunch of spaces so y'all can just copy and paste into another tab. https: // www.youtube.com / watch? v=8fzfjPWTZb4

Does this work? I originally tried embedding, saw that it didn't work and changed it to the URL option... which then embedded it anyway.

Update: nevermind, even posting the link without HTML still automatically embeds it. Adding a bunch of spaces so y'all can just copy and paste into another tab. https: // www.youtube.com / watch? v=8fzfjPWTZb4
Yep, thanks!:salute:
I have it now (downloaded and saved for the archive).
To avoid embedding on sites like this I usually "hide" the link here.
Or simply cut the first part of the address: youtube.com/watch?v=8fzfjPWTZb4
Cheers!

Production

s-l1600.png

s-l1600.png

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Nr 211-P-1 Flying past Sugarloaf Mountain (Portuguese: Pão de Açúcar)

1698926945015.jpeg

1698926999186.jpeg

1601056420251.jpg

Portable covered work platforms employed at the Glenn L. Martin Aircraft Factory (Baltimore, MD) to protect workmen on the engines in cold weather. Demonstrated here by a PBM-3D, February 1943.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back