eBay: Non type specific.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

???

Rumänien Rumänische Polnische Flugzeug Scan Negativ Foto ME109 HE112 PZL P11 021 | eBay
Rumänien Rumänische Polnische Flugzeug Scan Negativ Foto ME109 HE112 PZL P11 020 | eBay
Rumänien Rumänische Polnische Flugzeug Scan Negativ Foto ME109 HE112 PZL P11 025 | eBay

1591352290803.png

1591352264176.png

1591352234786.png

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

A lot of Miles designs shared much the same lines, The Falcon series ran to six different marks, The Miles Merlin looked much the same, as did the Hawcon (except for the wheels), Nighthawk and Queen Wasp. But looking at the exhaust stubs, the line of the wheel trousers and that distinctive silver "frame" around the rear window I think one strong possibility is the Miles M.3B Falcon Six. This won the Kings Cup Air Race in 1935 piloted by Miles' sales manager Tommy Rose. He then was sent on a tour around Europe, showing it off to European Air Forces and other potential buyers. Which would match up nicely to the Romanian link. The following year he used the same aircraft to break the London-to-Cape Town Speed record.

WOW! There are some incredible pictures in that album! -Hurricanes, Whirlwind, crashed Skua etc etc. I see bidding is already high, and rightly so. Sumburgh is on the Shetland islands, way up north of Scotland. Would not have fancied living in those bell-tents in that climate! Interesting that a Whirlwind was that far north, wonder if they were ever tempted to fly missions with them over Norway?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back