eBay: North American B-25 Mitchell

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

IMHO this a/c is from the same unit/time period as Lady Jane (see below and in post # 128 ). It's interesting to see that the de-icing boots have been removed and the leading edges of the wings/tail fins are in NM (not overpainted!!!). It could be the same with Lady Jane, but the quality of the photo does not allow any definitive answer.

I would like (if possible) Dana Bell to comment on the second photo (the better one, attachment 571279): is the darker area on the fuselage a different shade of green or just new OD. It looks like they used too much white on the side and then reduced it overpainting with OD (new paint or new shade).

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Hi Yves,

I suspect the earlier image (571279) is just an touch-up of fresher OD. On some of those aircraft (such as Stinky, below) there was a very pronounced overspray when the white was applied - it seems likely that someone wanted that cleaned up a good bit.

Cheers,

Dana

Thank you, Dana!
This was my understanding (or interpretation) as well.
The photo of "Stinky" is very interesting with 2 details:
1. The a/c has finger-type flame dampeners - the interim type before the S-stacks.
2. The a/c has the de-icing boot partially removed (NM below) and partially in place (black rubber) on the right wing. Empennage is still with de-icing boots.
Thanks for the photo!
Which squadron is this BTW?

Users who are viewing this thread