eBay: North American B-25 Mitchell

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Org. Photo: Aerial View 345th Bomb Group B-25 Bombers on Low Level Attack (#1)! | eBay

1609844584348.png

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Those F-10 are from the 3-rd Photo Mapping Squadron - see the squadron patch.
2CGpy7e.jpg

Here's another picture showing 2 F-10 from the same squadron: 3-L and I believe 3-H (same a/c as in post #330) or maybe 3-R. This is one of the few photos showing the camera nose of F-10 from below with (at least) 1 vertical camera:
cgyP3fr.jpg

And here is another bird from the same squadron showing a "fresh" camera-nose in Barksdale, LA.:
kGvYxDb.jpg

byLmY7x.jpg

The last 2 photos are from a very old thread in this forum. The first photo is from some internet site (copied long time ago) but I have no idea which one, sorry:(.
Cheers!

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Checking some of the above posted B-25 photos on eBay I found this one:
PJcQIHx.jpg

It's an old B-25C (not D; because of the wide wave pattern of the demarcation line between upper and lower camo) with a lot of missions, lately flown by a major, a liaison officer(!). What caught my attention is the name of the plane: Roger the Lodger. It happened so that I'm reading a book called "The Pink Bomber - Cockpit Memories" by Robert A. Spelman, a B-25 pilot with the 12-th BG. in North Africa. His B-25 had the same name and the author kindly explains where does it come from. He also gives a detailed description of the noseart which I (sadly) couldn't find yet. So here is the limerick:

There was a young girl from Cape Cod
Who thought babies all came straight from God.
'Twas not the Almighty
Who lifted her nightie
'Twas Roger the Lodger by God!

Cheers!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back