eBay: North American B-25 Mitchell

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sharks mouth ... the seller has never seen the kind of jaws. I would say the corocodile ones.

Did this type of B-25 (with the 8 gun fit in the nose)

also keep the two twin gun pods on the ''cheeks'' ?

Did this type of B-25 (with the 8 gun fit in the nose)

also keep the two twin gun pods on the ''cheeks'' ?
B-25Js with the 8-gun nose have been delivered as a standard with the blister guns (from the factory in Kansas City):

Some of them kept the blister guns in action too:

Don't forget that the 8-gun nose has been manufactured as a kit: more kits have been delivered to the war theatres to be installed "in field" compared to B-25J's manufactured with this nose in the factory. Some of the older models that received the 8-gun nose had their blister guns already removed, before the modification has been done.
One of the so modified older planes was for example "Dirty Dora"II:

I think the most interesting transformations were B-25C modified to B-25G-12 and finally modified with the 8-gun nose - check the web for some stories. Phil Marchese is one of the few, who has very good descriptions and data about these modified "Mitchells" - check here.

The full description to the above photo on ebay is:
"American bomber B-25 Mitchell before departure from the East coast of the United States."
The airplane on the photo is a B-25A - one can see the tail gunner's windows, the double waist widows, the single exhaust pipe and some other details characteristic for the early "Mitchells". The full s/n of this particular a/c should be 40-2200.
The tail gunner's position on B-25 and B-25A has always amazed me:

The rear clamshell window will open when the gun is in use.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Users who are viewing this thread