eBay: North American NA-64 NA-64 P-2 or NAA-64 P-2, NA-57

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nr 5 Nr 10 Nr 13 Nr17 formation flight

View attachment 732453

A flight of North American NA-36s, known as BC-1 (Basic Combat design 1), These are, with the exception of British authorized equipment, identical to the NA-49, or Harvard Mk I

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I agree. The rounded wing tips, the protruding forward fixed slats on the wing leading edges, the retracted main landing gear , the shape of the fin and rudder , the thin chin under the engine cowling, the large D/F loop antenna and the small air outlet but not air intake behind the engine cowling. All the details indicate the BC-1 model NA-36.

I agree. The rounded wing tips, the protruding forward fixed slats on the wing leading edges, the retracted main landing gear , the shape of the fin and rudder , the thin chin under the engine cowling, the large D/F loop antenna and the small air outlet but not air intake behind the engine cowling. All the details indicate the BC-1 model NA-36.
Just to complete your description, Wurger, I would point out that the very first production BC-1 carried the rounded rudder of the NA-26 prototype (and the BT-9s before that), and all further production had the flat bottomed rudder used on the Harvard I, NA-44 and NA-50.

Captured beute Balkenkreuz

1696587337275.jpeg

NJG emblem Fritz Langbein captured beute

1698228166139.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back