eBay Nose art (all nations)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Douglas-Tulsa B-24H-25-DT 42-51105 SWEETEST ROSE OF TEXAS 8th 445BG 701BS, one of only four planes to return to the 445th Bomb Group's base at Tibenham, England, following the Kassel mission.

s-l1600.jpg

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
B 24 Liberator Bomber plane Nose Art - IT AINT SO FUNNY

s-l1600.jpg

Ice Cold Katie

s-l1600.jpg

Betty Boob Pistol packin' Mama

s-l1600.jpg

G.I.Wonder

s-l1600.jpg

B-26 Marauder Bomber- 12th Army Air Force- 42 Bomb Wing Mediterranean France sharkmouth Sardinia 20-10-1944 Friday

My Gal Mona, Lady Lynn, Lady Eve, Beanie, Miss Des Moines, Thumper 2, Alabama Express, Miss Birmingham, Modern Design,

s-l1600.jpg

B-26 Marauder Bomber- 12th Army Air Force- 42 Bomb Wing Mediterranean France sharkmouth Sardinia 20-10-1944 Friday

Modern Design, Kitty, Sharkmouth Hobos Baby, Stud Duck, The Wolves, Cornfed Commando, Margie, Old Iron Sides

s-l1600.jpg

Kitty, Heaven Send, Old Iron Sides, Rita B

s-l1600.jpg

Modern Design Sneezy

s-l1600.jpg

B-26 Marauder Bomber- 12th Army Air Force- 42 Bomb Wing Mediterranean
....Modern Design[/URL]
Maybe somebody here has the answer the the following question:
Many of the names chosen by the crews were either heroes from books/movies/comics etc. or the name of the respective source (again: a book, a movie etc.) In the above collection there are photos of "Modern Design":
Zkb0REg.jpg

Uw3afuU.jpg

Was this a name of something popular at that time? Is this an old idiom for something fancy etc.?
I'm asking because some time ago I read the memoirs of a B-25 gunner form the 445thBS/321st BG. (his name is Robert R. Miller) in the MTO and his plane was callled "Modern Design":
6wGH0Yn.jpg

Cheers!

Maybe somebody here has the answer the the following question:
Many of the names chosen by the crews were either heroes from books/movies/comics etc. or the name of the respective source (again: a book, a movie etc.) In the above collection there are photos of "Modern Design":
View attachment 710887
View attachment 710888
Was this a name of something popular at that time? Is this an old idiom for something fancy etc.?
I'm asking because some time ago I read the memoirs of a B-25 gunner form the 445thBS/321st BG. (his name is Robert R. Miller) in the MTO and his plane was callled "Modern Design":
View attachment 710889
Cheers!
Go google zoot suite for the B-26

Users who are viewing this thread

Back