eBay Nose art (all nations) (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Douglas-Tulsa B-24H-25-DT 42-51105 SWEETEST ROSE OF TEXAS 8th 445BG 701BS, one of only four planes to return to the 445th Bomb Group's base at Tibenham, England, following the Kassel mission.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Ice Cold Katie

Betty Boob Pistol packin' Mama

G.I.Wonder

B-26 Marauder Bomber- 12th Army Air Force- 42 Bomb Wing Mediterranean France sharkmouth Sardinia 20-10-1944 Friday

My Gal Mona, Lady Lynn, Lady Eve, Beanie, Miss Des Moines, Thumper 2, Alabama Express, Miss Birmingham, Modern Design,

B-26 Marauder Bomber- 12th Army Air Force- 42 Bomb Wing Mediterranean France sharkmouth Sardinia 20-10-1944 Friday

Modern Design, Kitty, Sharkmouth Hobos Baby, Stud Duck, The Wolves, Cornfed Commando, Margie , Old Iron Sides

B-26G-10-MA Marauder 43-34462 Margie 320th BG 444BS Pilot James R Armstrong

Last edited:

Kitty, Heaven Send, Old Iron Sides, Rita B

Modern Design Sneezy

B-26 Marauder Bomber- 12th Army Air Force- 42 Bomb Wing Mediterranean
....Modern Design[/URL]
Maybe somebody here has the answer the the following question:
Many of the names chosen by the crews were either heroes from books/movies/comics etc. or the name of the respective source (again: a book, a movie etc.) In the above collection there are photos of "Modern Design":

Was this a name of something popular at that time? Is this an old idiom for something fancy etc.?
I'm asking because some time ago I read the memoirs of a B-25 gunner form the 445thBS/321st BG. (his name is Robert R. Miller) in the MTO and his plane was callled "Modern Design":

Cheers!

Go google zoot suite for the B-26

Users who are viewing this thread