eBay: Women in uniform.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

German Volkswohlfahrt DRK Rot-Kreuz Krankenschwestern Moped Mofa Motorrad Fahrrad

1706995725574.png

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
American Constance "Connie" Jones-Cruise Commander in the U.S. Navy Reserve and was also an Honorary Admiral in the Texas Navy

1707043946449.png

1707044087128.png

Seller WWII photo archive of Constance "Connie" Jones-Cruise, daughter of Thomas Griffith Jones and Miriam Jauchler Jones. The 43 original photos and two photo postcards in this lot illuminate her life in the Navy; includes several studio portraits. From 1 7/8 to 2 3/4" to 7 ¾ x 9 ¾." Born in 1922, Connie grew up in San Antonio, Texas. From a newspaper article: She graduated from Incarnate Word College in 1943 with a bachelor's degree in chemistry and mathematics. After graduation, she joined the U.S. Navy WAVES as an electronics engineer. When I [Connie] received my bachelor's degree in mathematics and chemistry in 1943, I had a strong foundation in science, and a love for learning and the scientific method which sustained me in my advanced engineering studies at Harvard and MIT so that I could work as a naval officer in the Boston Navy Yard Radar Laboratories during World War II. Jones was one of a small number of women who became a Commander in the U.S. Navy Reserve and was also an Honorary Admiral in the Texas Navy. After the war, she was an analytical chemist with the Texas Pharmacal Company (now DFB Pharmaceuticals) where she was the only industrial chemist in San Antonio in the early 1950s. Thereafter, Jones devoted her life to the education of young people teaching high school and college mathematics for many years.

German postcard drawing ie Kraftwagenführerin und Telegrammzustellerin, 1944

1707134727964.png

Here is my aunt, who was a nurse in WWII. She served at Fort A.P. Hill treating returning wounded from Europe. She told us about many of the shell shocked soldiers. She went on to become a nurse practitioner and then entered the convent in 1950 as a Divine Providence nun. She spent most of her life in the Pittsburgh area ( our home town) and lived to be 102, passing away late last year.

Attachments

• Sr_Melanie.1945.jpeg
    Sr_Melanie.1945.jpeg
    131.9 KB · Views: 14

Users who are viewing this thread

Back