Ed Nash’s Military Matters YouTube Aircraft Videos (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ed Nash's YouTube videos have been noted in this forum before, but I thought it might be good to give his channel a thread, starting with today's video on the North American P-64

I have just watched the P-64 video and, unfortunately, it contains many of the old wives tale and misinformation that have existed for decades about these aircraft. Two things jump out at anyone who knows these aircraft: The NA-68 had an entirely new wing and centre section, not modified wingtips, as compared to the NA-50. The tail feathers were basically those of the BC-1A (later redesignated AT-6). The 6 aircraft ordered by Siam (not yet Thailand) never left California and did not languish on a ship in Hawaii.

If I may be so bold, I recommend that if you are really interested in these aircraft (and several others from the same family), take a look at the following Amazon offering:
Amazon product ASIN B09Y4QBPRC I must admit to being the co-author of the book and it is the result of serious study.

I have just watched the P-64 video and, unfortunately, it contains many of the old wives tale and misinformation that have existed for decades about these aircraft. Two things jump out at anyone who knows these aircraft: The NA-68 had an entirely new wing and centre section, not modified wingtips, as compared to the NA-50. The tail feathers were basically those of the BC-1A (later redesignated AT-6). The 6 aircraft ordered by Siam (not yet Thailand) never left California and did not languish on a ship in Hawaii.

If I may be so bold, I recommend that if you are really interested in these aircraft (and several others from the same family), take a look at the following Amazon offering:
Amazon product ASIN B09Y4QBPRC I must admit to being the co-author of the book and it is the result of serious study.
Thank you this book is now on my list!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back