Eva Air 747-400F

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Matt: You can rule out the US, because of the licence plates on the
cars. Also the sign, on the right side of the road. Wonder if they were
unloading cargo, and removed the stuff in the nose section first, causing
the nose to rise just a tad ???

Charles

I think that it looks close to the observation point because the 747 is in the same focal plane. It's close, but looks closer as an artifact of the picture. I'm curious as to where it was taken. Not too many observation points for plane spotting that close to the runway in the western world post 9/11.

Not sure, but looking at the vehicle registration plates, it could be Denmark or Holland. It is close to the runway, but not as close as you think, due to compression from the telephoto lens.

Airframes has it. It is not a pic of "almost catastrophe", rather a pic of a VERY COOL observation point. Just wondering where it is. While it looks European to me, I cannot tell because many other countries have similar road signs and license plate formats.

I checked out the Eva Air routes to Europe. Taking into account the colour and design of the car number plates, and especially the formation of the registration letters, I narrowed this down to either Denmark or Holland. The only Eva Air route that fits the bill is to Amsterdam, therefore I believe that this picture was taken at Schipol. That would fit, as I have passed the place a couple of times, on my way from the airport to Nijmegen, and there is an access road, which I was told leads to a viewing area, near the threshold to one of the runways. So, I guess it is probably Schipol, Holland.

Matt: Could he be just taking off ?? Could the close-ness be some
optical confusion ??

Charles

Yes he is taking off. Look at the flaps and u can tell they are not in full down position. They are in either 5 or 20 ( looks like 20) degrees from which the 747 uses for take off. Plus u can tell from the angle of attack that he has just lifted off and has started his climb out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back