Everything Japanese bombs, ammunition and such (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Another different document on Japanese ammunition with symbols and such translated.

Enjoy

Attachments

• Japanese ammuntion leaflet.pdf
    97.2 MB · Views: 367
Document of knowing your enemy on Japanese's suicide weapons and tactics.

Enjoy

Attachments

• Japanese suicide weapons and tactics.pdf
    5 MB · Views: 324
  • Observed suicide attacks.pdf
    3.4 MB · Views: 212
Found these pictures at the RAAF archives, pictures are of droppable container by parachute for ammunition and food for Japanese troops. Thought they where cool as I never new the Japanese to use these or never seen them.

1.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Such good info!

I just came across a reference claiming the Japanese Navy Type 90 Model 1 bombsight was an adaptation of the German Lotfe C (Not 7C, just straight up C).

image.png

Source

Can anyone confirm or deny this? I'm trying to make a 3D Model of the Type 90 and I figured German blueprints or diagrams would be easier to come across than Japanese ones! :tearsofjoy:

Such good info!

I just came across a reference claiming the Japanese Navy Type 90 Model 1 bombsight was an adaptation of the German Lotfe C (Not 7C, just straight up C).

View attachment 705541
Source

Can anyone confirm or deny this? I'm trying to make a 3D Model of the Type 90 and I figured German blueprints or diagrams would be easier to come across than Japanese ones! :tearsofjoy:
Type 90 was exact copy of Goerz Boyhow for D3A1.
Type 90 Mk.1 and later were modified Type 90.

Abwurfsehrohr Goerz Boyhow
Abwurfsehrohr_Goerz_Boyhow_01.jpg
Abwurfsehrohr_Goerz_Boyhow_02.jpg
Abwurfsehrohr_Goerz_Boyhow_03.jpg

Type 90 Mk.1
Type_90_Mk1_bomb_sight.jpg

Oh my gosh, this is outstanding! I found some close up photos and drawings of the original Goerz Boykow (218a? I think), but it does look a bit different than the 90 Mk 1 in the B5N (I also have a Kate in the works, despite not having a handling manual for her anywhere!).

Do you happen to have any close in shots of the 90 Mk 1 that was in the Kate? Ideally the Japanese equivalent of these dial faces?

760f88_02ec39ca7c6241c8814350cf2ba1d1da.jpg

Regardless, I can't thank you enough for what you've already sent!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back