Everything Japanese bombs, ammunition and such

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Another different document on Japanese ammunition with symbols and such translated.

Enjoy

Attachments

• Japanese ammuntion leaflet.pdf
    97.2 MB · Views: 369
Document of knowing your enemy on Japanese's suicide weapons and tactics.

Enjoy

Attachments

• Japanese suicide weapons and tactics.pdf
    5 MB · Views: 327
  • Observed suicide attacks.pdf
    3.4 MB · Views: 214
Found these pictures at the RAAF archives, pictures are of droppable container by parachute for ammunition and food for Japanese troops. Thought they where cool as I never new the Japanese to use these or never seen them.

Such good info!

I just came across a reference claiming the Japanese Navy Type 90 Model 1 bombsight was an adaptation of the German Lotfe C (Not 7C, just straight up C).

Source

Can anyone confirm or deny this? I'm trying to make a 3D Model of the Type 90 and I figured German blueprints or diagrams would be easier to come across than Japanese ones!

Type 90 was exact copy of Goerz Boyhow for D3A1.
Type 90 Mk.1 and later were modified Type 90.

Abwurfsehrohr Goerz Boyhow

Type 90 Mk.1

Oh my gosh, this is outstanding! I found some close up photos and drawings of the original Goerz Boykow (218a? I think), but it does look a bit different than the 90 Mk 1 in the B5N (I also have a Kate in the works, despite not having a handling manual for her anywhere!).

Do you happen to have any close in shots of the 90 Mk 1 that was in the Kate? Ideally the Japanese equivalent of these dial faces?

Regardless, I can't thank you enough for what you've already sent!

Users who are viewing this thread