F-14 Natops Manual

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

genkukov

Airman
Feb 14, 2007
I have the Natops F-14 Manual, but it is too big, being about 83 mb. I was wondering if I could email it to somebody to split it up into two parts perhaps since I don't have a .pdf program at all.
-Kukov

I have the Natops F-14 Manual, but it is too big, being about 83 mb. I was wondering if I could email it to somebody to split it up into two parts perhaps since I don't have a .pdf program at all.
-Kukov

I can split it as long as there are no passwords or locks on the file. Problem is I have no way of recieving it. At least not a file that big in one shot. Do you have a web page or some place I can download it from

Micdrow

-Kukov

genkukov - the front cover of a NATOPS manual says that it is an unclassified, limited document. Destroy in any method that will prevent disclosure of the contents or recontruction of the document. That means NATOPS manuals are NOT intended for everybody. I don't know where you got these NATOPS manuals from - but they do not belong on the internet. You posted an F/A-18E/F NATOPS before. What are you thinking???

Unless there is a document from a competent authority removing the Tomcat natops from limited document restriction, it is still treated as such. I know the Hornet NATOPS you posted is still under that classification.

Does a JAG need to get involved? Please use a little common sense, Sir.

M. F. KLOBY
1stLt USMC

mkloby,

I removed the F-18 one earlier - thanks for the thoughtfulness guys but the Lt. is right on this one - I brain farted earlier and should of realized this....

mkloby,

I removed the F-18 one earlier - thanks for the thoughtfulness guys but the Lt. is right on this one - I brain farted earlier and should of realized this....

Learn something new every day, guess one of the reasons I stick mainly to WWII. Although surprised to see how some one could have gotten a copy of the manual like mkloby said.

Micdrow :oops:

Learn something new every day, guess one of the reasons I stick mainly to WWII. Although surprised to see how some one could have gotten a copy of the manual like mkloby said.

Micdrow :oops:
Micdrow...
Trawling the internet,I have found both these manuals also a CH47 manual.
You can also buy them (plus others)on CD from various places.
I assumed,then,this was OK (declassified or whatever)....like you say..live and learn.
Mkloby....thanx for your post too...good info.

Like I said - these things are unclassified, limited documents. Limited means basically on a need to know basis - pilots, mechanics, aircrew, etc. This is stated on the cover. Also instructions to destroy are as I said - any method to prevent disclosure or reconstruction. They are unclassified, so they can be taken home, studied, and carried by the crew. Basically, if you don't fall into the category of "operational necessity" for needing to possess the NATOPS, then you probably prohibited from owning it. If you fall into this category, you need to obtain the approval of someone likely with stars on their collar in order to lawfully possess it! There is still 'sensitive' information contained therein. Air Force Dash 1 (USAF version of natops) are prohibited by order from making electronic copies of the documents to prevent this from happening. Perhaps the USN needs to adopt this policy as well.

I am going to look into this matter further with companies selling these. That amazes me. They are really doing a disservice to their country, not to mention breaking the law.

Hmm. Wow, I had no idea. I just remember prowling through the net and just found them. Interesting reads, but yeah. Sorry about that. I guess perhaps I should delete the ones i have, but yeah. Didn't mean to cause problems. I guess I never really looked at the front page that carefully. Just was like, wow, this is a cool document, and have glanced through it. Plus, being a college student, I don't really have much time to read the thing in detail. Again, much apologies. I've already deleted them off my hard drive.
-Kukov

There are CH-47 pubs on a site hosted by Company H, 4th Battalion, 7th Aviation Regiment. They are "Distribution Statement A: Approved for public release; distribution is unlimited."

As far as the NATOPS manual for the F-14, even though the aircraft has been retired, it is best to err on the side of caution. It may have all restrictions lifted, it may not.

genkukov - the front cover of a NATOPS manual says that it is an unclassified, limited document. Destroy in any method that will prevent disclosure of the contents or recontruction of the document. That means NATOPS manuals are NOT intended for everybody. I don't know where you got these NATOPS manuals from - but they do not belong on the internet. You posted an F/A-18E/F NATOPS before. What are you thinking???

Unless there is a document from a competent authority removing the Tomcat natops from limited document restriction, it is still treated as such. I know the Hornet NATOPS you posted is still under that classification.

Does a JAG need to get involved? Please use a little common sense, Sir.

M. F. KLOBY
1stLt USMC

I guess I wanted to be clear here too. I did not mean to be a disservice to the country, and also it was mainly an oversight. I had found these manuals on another aviation site that seems to be pretty well known. They don't have them now, probably for the same reasons. At the time, I was happy to have some cool reading material to understand more about the Tomcat and the Hornet. And wanting to share, I thought I'd put them up here. The reason I had put them up was partly at both the same time, not realizing the implications until after I came back the next day and saw that it was deleted. Again thank you for enlightening me on the topic and sorry to cause all the fuss.
-Kukov

Seems we are all learning. I know Ive seen manuals out there on the B-2 and the F-117 for sale from different companies and always wondered how they could sell such a thing. Weither they are real or authentic or not I have no clue. Still makes you wonder.

mkloby, check out this web site. eFlightManuals.com - Warbird And Commercial Flight Manuals

They sell lots of modern aircraft. F-16, F-15 and are looking for a F-14 manual.

Micdrow

Seems we are all learning. I know Ive seen manuals out there on the B-2 and the F-117 for sale from different companies and always wondered how they could sell such a thing. Weither they are real or authentic or not I have no clue. Still makes you wonder.

mkloby, check out this web site. eFlightManuals.com - Warbird And Commercial Flight Manuals

They sell lots of modern aircraft. F-16, F-15 and are looking for a F-14 manual.

Micdrow

Thanks - I'm looking into this. I imagine they realize the possibility of gov't action against them, so they have a warning stating that compliance with gov't investigations supercedes their privacy policy.

There are CH-47 pubs on a site hosted by Company H, 4th Battalion, 7th Aviation Regiment. They are "Distribution Statement A: Approved for public release; distribution is unlimited."

As far as the NATOPS manual for the F-14, even though the aircraft has been retired, it is best to err on the side of caution. It may have all restrictions lifted, it may not.

Some manuals are allowed for public use. I used to crew Blackhawks and I have unclassified Blackhawk manuals that are allowed for public use with nothing classified in them. I however do not have any NATOPs or senstive manuals at home.

Some manuals are allowed for public use. I used to crew Blackhawks and I have unclassified Blackhawk manuals that are allowed for public use with nothing classified in them. I however do not have any NATOPs or senstive manuals at home.

Tomcat pubs may taken down to unclassified, unlimited. I don't know. there is still equip on tomcats that I'm sure is on other birds as well. However - best to err on the side of caution, especially with a serious matter such as this... last thing you need is a federal investigation.

As long as you are in the mood to chastize random airplane nuts on the internet, why don't you straighten up that gig line, march into Colonel Lanham's office over at MCAS Beaufort and ask him why in the hell he thinks it is OK to post the Hornet Pocket Checklist on the internet? Go chew his ass good, buddy.

https://www.beaufort.usmc.mil/Safet...PCL-500/FA18 PCL_500 dtd 01 November 2004.pdf

Sir,
As far as DoD is concerned, their directive entitled Distribution Statement on Technical Documents explicitly states the following:

Distribution Statement C states: Distribution authorized to U.S. Government Agencies and their contractors (fill in reason) (date of determination). Other requests for this document shall be referred to (insert controlling DoD office).

To protect technical or operational data or information from automatic dissemination under the International Exchange Program or by other means. This protection covers publications required solely for official use or strictly for administrative or operational purposes. This statement may be applied to manuals, pamphlets, technical orders, technical reports, and other publications containing valuable technical or operational data.

Distribution Statement - A statement used in marking a technical document
to denote the extent of its availability for distribution, release, and disclosure without additional approvals or authorizations. A distribution statement marking is distinct from and in addition to a security classification marking assigned in accordance with DoD 5200.1-R (reference (h)).

Therefore, according to DoD policy, it is acceptable to further distribute specific documents if proper approval is obtained - which I'm sure that in this case it was, as it is posted on an official USMC website.

Sincerely,
1stLt Kloby

Users who are viewing this thread

Back