F4U-Series Corsair Main Gear (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sweb

Senior Airman
Feb 5, 2009
Florida
I'm looking for the mechanical breakdown/operation of the Corsair's main gear 90 degree rotating mechanism. Anyone have any drawing or literature? Thanks.

Joe

Here Sweb
how's this?

Attachments

• F4U Wheels up.jpg
    F4U Wheels up.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 1,221
Yep
that's the one
they're light on hard data but lots of good, visual type information in those books though I guess that's their intent

I've got this book, must be 20 years old. It's got about 12 or 14 planes in it. Each plane has 5 or 6 triple foldouts. Maybe it's janes, it's about 4 inches thick Buried in the basement. One big awesome book. All the illistrations are by a Japanese artist.

I've got this book, must be 20 years old. It's got about 12 or 14 planes in it. Each plane has 5 or 6 triple foldouts. Maybe it's janes, it's about 4 inches thick Buried in the basement. One big awesome book. All the illistrations are by a Japanese artist.
The artist is Rikyu Watanabe and he is pretty meticulous
I didn't realise Jane's had clubbed them all together in one book; if it's the same size as the separates then with the added dimension of 4" thick it must be some book to handle!

Just dug it out, It's called The Great Book Of World War 2 Airplanes and thats him. 1984, Man i'm gettin' old.
Aren't we all?
Apart from Catch22 that is :)
Just noticed, you're a noofie, I did a six-week stint in Alberta and got asked three times if I was a noofie by the Calgary folk, except the first time I was asked, I had no idea what he meant. Must be the northern accent... :)

LOL, Yea I'm a Newf, who want's to go to Debden and see the 336th home base. See that dam mound of clay that took away the love of my life.....Shangri-La+

Hello, Sweb...
This post caught my eye, so I thought I'd pass along some info.

Go to Odegaard Aviation Inc..

Look in the "Hangar" section. You will find a good picture of the landing gear "knuckle" fitting as well as a short Quicktime video of how it allows the gear to rotate while retracting.

Cool stuff....

Aren't we all?
Apart from Catch22 that is :)
Just noticed, you're a noofie, I did a six-week stint in Alberta and got asked three times if I was a noofie by the Calgary folk, except the first time I was asked, I had no idea what he meant. Must be the northern accent... :)

Sorry I was late hehe.

Whereabouts in Alberta did you do your stint?

And yes, I'm getting old! I'm 18 and feel like an old man, and it just hit me that I graduated High School a year ago, man time flies.

Sorry I was late hehe.

Whereabouts in Alberta did you do your stint?

And yes, I'm getting old! I'm 18 and feel like an old man, and it just hit me that I graduated High School a year ago, man time flies.
Calgary

Users who are viewing this thread

Back