F6F-5 & F4U-1D in 1/32 Scale

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

DarrenW

Staff Sergeant
Dec 24, 2017
Warren, MI USA
I finally finished these two models recently as I was building them side by side since February. Both are out of the box and I included all the options that were available, as limited as they were. I performed zero modifications and didn't add any additional details, as tempting as it was. Did it old school so to speak. Both aircraft have generic markings as I didn't want to represent any particular unit with each. I plan to do that with all the kits I will be making in the future too.

The Hellcat is Hasagawa while the Corsair is the venerable Revell kit. I chose to leave the extra canopy frame work and the thinner blade propeller on the F4U-1D to represent and early production type.

Next up is the old Revell bubble top P-47D in 1/32 scale...

20220530_215646.jpg
20220530_163025.jpg
20220530_163012.jpg
20220530_163040.jpg

20220530_165418.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice and I like the way you can remove the engine cowling to display the engine. :D
Thanks Vic. I tried hard to make them as accurate as possible without any scratch building. Because both kits had the option to remove the cowling and display the engine I thought it would be a waste not to take advantage of it.

I finally finished these two models recently as I was building them side by side since February. Both are out of the box and I included all the options that were available, as limited as they were. I performed zero modifications and didn't add any additional details, as tempting as it was. Did it old school so to speak. Both aircraft have generic markings as I didn't want to represent any particular unit with each. I plan to do that with all the kits I will be making in the future too.

The Hellcat is Hasagawa while the Corsair is the venerable Revell kit. I chose to leave the extra canopy frame work and the thinner blade propeller on the F4U-1D to represent and early production type.

Next up is the old Revell bubble top P-47D in 1/32 scale...

View attachment 672100View attachment 672101View attachment 672102View attachment 672103
View attachment 672104
Nice job on both models. The old Hasegawa F6F still holds up well. The Revell kit, has the right shape, some detail issues, but still makes up a nice model.

Nice job on both models. The old Hasegawa F6F still holds up well. The Revell kit, has the right shape, some detail issues, but still makes up a nice model.
Thanks. I was extremely careful about getting everything correct as possible without modification and I learned a lot about the subtle details of each aircraft that normally get overlooked by enthusiasts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back