Fairey reed propeller

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

kazbenson

Recruit
5
2
May 20, 2026
I have got a fairey reed propeller and wondered if anyone could identify it for me.
It's 7 feet long with yellow tips and a red stripe.
It has the fairey reed logo.
The number on the side is FR35860
 
Welcome to the site.

Regarding your request .. the FR35860 is the prop serial number. There should be also the drawing ( DWG or DRG ) one stamped somewhere there. Also a pic of the prop could be useful.
 
Welcome to the site.

Regarding your request .. the FR35860 is the prop serial number. There should be also the drawing ( DWG or DRG ) one stamped somewhere there. Also a pic of the prop could be useful.
I did add a photo but it didn't attach. I also can't see any other numbers on it I will check again.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0250.png
    IMG_0250.png
    726.4 KB · Views: 37
OK. THX for the image. If memory serves these props were used for a couple of aircraft. For instance the De Havilland Moth series, DHC-1 Chipmunk and a few more.
 
No problemo. Take your time. Judging by the painting of the prop I would say it was used with a post war plane rather.
I won an auction for a storage locker and it was inside. So obviously I want to sell it on. But hard to sell when you have no clue.
 
I understand. Also please let me remind that trading here on the forum isn't allowed. We would appreciate if you would follow our rules. :)
 
I understand. Also please let me remind that trading here on the forum isn't allowed. We would appreciate if you would follow our rules. :)
Oh I wasn't trying to do that
Was just after some advice
 
Oh I wasn't trying to do that
Was just after some advice


OK. Please, take it easy. Nothing has happened. Just as an admin I have to remind a such info.

PS. IMHO it may be problem with finding of more numbers stamped there. There is a lack of a two-part boss where the info was engraved usually. Anyway .. according to my notes I made when we were indentifying another Fairey Reed prop here on the forum the 84 inch in diameter props were used with the De Havilland Gipsy Major and Gipsy VI engines. This may indicate the De Havilland Moth series, DHC-1 Chipmunk as I already mentioned it above, Also it could be used for the Gipsy Queen III power unit for the DH98 Dragon Rapide and possible the Avro Anson. I'm afraid it may be all what can be found for the kind of the propeller. But please check on the thread frequently because there may be somebody who can come with a more conclusive answer .
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back