Falklands Diplomacy

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi Mike

There was a ban on political threads because people could not remain detached and respect differing POVs. Its unfortunate, i enjoyed the political debates, but the place has far less political rants and schoolyard spats as a result of the changes.

The other rule that has existed in this place for a long time is that no-one, without exception, can cast slurs on the military service or make overtly personalised attacks. The rule is simple....keep the argument focussed on topic and avoid personal attacks, and you generally dont come unstuck.

I understand why CB went nuts about this guy. He was wrong, and whether it was deliberate or not, cast his country in a very unfortunate light. I understood all that, and sympathised with CB to that point. CB went wrong however when he became abusive and personalised the argument. he could have won his point simply by deconstructing this guys arguments in a cool and analytical manner. The guy was wrong on so many points it would have been easy for someone of CBs calibre to debunk his wild statements with ease. instead he chose to follow the pathway of the cheap shot, and as a result got shot down himself.

Thats my take on this situation. I hope now we can get back on topic and put this spat behind us. Everyone should take a deep breath and step back.......

Welcome back CB. Good to see your on the board again.

Does seem to have quieted down a bit between Britain and Argentina. Probably good news. Not happy Clinton stuck her nose in this one. We should stay out of it, for the time being. Not good to see either of our allies unhappy with each other but it is a verbal spat so far. As long as it stays that way, things should be ok. A lot of talk and some posturing so far.

Blockade? What blockade? Hadn't heard about that.

I understand why CB went nuts about this guy. He was wrong, and whether it was deliberate or not, cast his country in a very unfortunate light. I understood all that, and sympathised with CB to that point. CB went wrong however when he became abusive and personalised the argument. he could have won his point simply by deconstructing this guys arguments in a cool and analytical manner. The guy was wrong on so many points it would have been easy for someone of CBs calibre to debunk his wild statements with ease. instead he chose to follow the pathway of the cheap shot, and as a result got shot down himself.

My dear Parsifal, like in real life I like to be cool and analitycal with people whom I had some apreciation, for the others I have no patiente to do that.

You were wrong, CB. Welcome back.
Welcome back CB. Good to see your on the board again

Thanks and thanks.

Seems to me that the Islands plataform has not been so throughly inspected, it does not seem logical to arrive that conclusion so fast.

I might be overhyping my own country but I think it may be related with the argentine protest about the issue, you know, better say I know those bloody argies could be really anoyying.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back