Favourite 5 Aircraft (all eras allowed)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice list!

mine are:

Me-163 B Komet (!)
Ho-VI (all areas allowed! By far THE BEST glider plane of it´s time)Bistol Beaufighter
P-40 E Warhawk (think of it as a poor mens Spit)
I.A.R 81

So Many to choose from:

WWII

P-38
B-25
Corsair/fw-190
P-51/Spitfire
B-29

All Time

P-38
SR-71
F-15
B-29
20 others

Hard to pick they change esp. planes I'm still learning about and that list exceeds 20 in WWII alone - so there! Sorry about the bias but I'm still learning.

I know what you mean, picking favourites is extremely difficult. Over the last couple of days ive been looking at the F-22 and I now like that hugely.

Here are my current lists...

WW2

1) P.108
2) P-38
3) Fw-190 D
4) Fw-190 A
5) Re-2005

All time

1) P.108
2) B-52
3) P-38
4) Fw-190 D
5) F-22 Raptor

cheddar cheese said:
I know what you mean, picking favourites is extremely difficult. Over the last couple of days ive been looking at the F-22 and I now like that hugely.

Here are my current lists...

WW2

1) P.108
2) P-38
3) Fw-190 D
4) Fw-190 A
5) Re-2005

All time

1) P.108
2) B-52
3) P-38
4) Fw-190 D
5) F-22 Raptor

I just wanted to mention that Jeff Ethell wrote an article for Flight Journel Magazine that is availably on line at the Flight journal web site on the P-38.
It's under the great planes listing. When you read it remember Jeff has flown many of the WWII contemporaries including the P-51, and others (I don't have the complete list). Jeff died latter while flying the same P-38 because he left the fuel selector on the reduced size reserve fuel tanks (40gal instead of 60gal) and ran out on final without altitude or speed to trade for time to fix it.

Arguments cheddar? ok :)

1) P.11c - best Polish fighter before the war, extremely manouverable, although P.11c was outclassed in Sept. 1939 by Bf 109, Polish pilots managed to shot down over 120 German planes. It's also a beautiful upper-wing fighter (the so called "seagull-wing")
2) P-39 - honestly, I have no idea why do I like this plane so much. I think it's something in the way it looks like. :)
3) Ju-87 - one of the deadliest bombers of war. If anyone ever read Hans Ulrich Rudel book, than he know what do I mean. Also good looking "W" wing.
4) B-24 - my favourite heavy bomber, produced in the highest amount of all heavies.
5) MiG-21MF - flying legend :), I've seen them so many times over Polish coast (they are being in use of 1st Naval Fighter Squadron in Gdynia Babie-Doly), that I fell in love ;) It had to be here, every airshow i've seen included MiG-21. It's a huge part of history of Polish Air Force.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back